Selecting Quarry Area
Best Practices & Tips
Looks are deceptive, hence world gets struck (Deestthasnastmanunach jag phasta) goes a saying in Marathi. The saying holds good in quarrying areas as well.
Before selecting quarry or quarry areas, you should know:
- The Quality and Quantity of rock in the proposed area.
- Quantity of Over Burden ( OB)
- Amount of OB to be excavated to mine desired output.
- Are there or can there be any local issues
- Can they be overcome?
- Which is the nearest area that can produce my desired output at the same time is not far away?
A distance of 1 km saved translates into saving of Rs 3.00 Per Ton Km in India