Safe Distance for Blasting
Rule #1: There are no Rules!
- The Rule of Safe Blasting Distance is there are no Rules.
- There are instances where Blasting was done to chisel a sculpture out of a mountain.
- There are also instances of blasting Damage witnessed more than a Kilometre away
- What matters is the attitude of the Blasting Company and the site owner.
- A company and employee who believe in safety, Legal compliances, complaints avoidance and is conscious of neighbours are always preferred over the prescribed distances.
- Hence, though Indian Regulations Prescribe 500 Meters as the safety distance for Blasting, Regulation 164 of Metaliferrous Mines Regulations of Government of India, allows blasting with certain conditions within the safety distance.