Controlled blasting next to a power producing turbine
- Client Name: Sri Laxmi Engineering Company
- Location: Ramagundam, Karimnagar District
- Rock Blasting next to a Power producing Turbine.
- When NTPC (Super Thermal Power Station) decided to expand their Super Thermal Unit at Ramagundam Super Thermal Power Station, the challenge was to excavate around 37,000 Cubic Meters of Rock in a very critical area 20 meters away from their Power Producing Turbine and around 6 Meters away from the Pump house that supplies water to the entire Unit.
- To do a professional job in time, with all the permissions and document all the events related to the blast and such as vibrations and noise in blasting. Work completed in 37 days, producing 1000 Cubic Meters a day. A thorough and acclaimed work done.
- The work was awarded to M/s. Sri Laxmi Engineering Company. M/s.
- Sri Laxmi Engineering Company approached Uttam for Rock Blasting.
- The first challenge was to convince about the efficacy and the safety of the proposed Methodology. A seminar was arranged for all the cornered to address their concerns. It was agreed that initial blast would be conducted at the farthest place as a trial.
- Another challenge was to obtain all the permissions required to use the explosives as the area was terrorist infested at that time. It took considerable time to convince the authorities about the measures taken to ensure the safe keeping of explosives.
- Once everything was in place, the work was executed in just 37 days i.e. blasting and excavating 1000 Cubic Meters per day; well within the time in spite of all the hurdles and concerns.
Click here to view the testimonial by the client.
- International case study discussed in ISEE (International Society of Explosives Engineers) conference in the year 2003. View ISEE PAPER